Our School App Stay connected on the go...
Health & Fitness
Healthy School Award
Aberdour was the first Independent Preparatory School in Surrey to achieve this Award.
Inspection Team Comments
We are particularly impressed with:
- The strong focus on emotional health and wellbeing of the School
- The breadth of opportunity for physical activity within and beyond the curriculum
- The way in which the School has embraced the importance of PSHE and has worked hard to formalise the curriculum within the School.
Further Inspection Comments:
- The fact that so many pupils represent the School in some form of physical activity is a real credit to the School
- The benefit of active lifestyles are actively promoted within the School through posters, displays and information
- Pupils identify that they enjoy their lessons because their teachers are kind and make lessons fun
- The School Council see their role as important in helping to make the School a better place
- The School environment is welcoming and stimulating, and promotes the happy and caring ethos of the School
- There are strong pastoral support systems in place that aim to ensure the needs of all pupils are met
- Pupils feel safe in their School and enjoy the breadth of opportunities that are offered